(or) Think you can ignore the Amazon Effect because you’re B2B? You can’t.
But you can compete and win.
- Content. B2B customers have an insatiable desire for high quality content. By providing intelligence and information, brands and manufacturers can create a significant point of differentiation.
- Develop an omnichannel ordering experience. This means that on-lines sales, direct sales and customer service all speak the same language.
- Think from your customer’s perspective. Be consultative.
- Keep your large customer relationships tight. Larger companies value expertise, customer service and inventory management services.
- Think about investing in a B2B web store. It’s a fast growing sales channel, it’s live 24/7 and it can be a significant driver of revenue and profits. Even content and webinars can be a sales item.
Focus on your value proposition and work to strengthen it. Don’t’ be afraid to be obsessive about your customer, be willing to learn, and invent your own future.