(or) Think you can ignore the Amazon Effect because you’re B2B? You can’t.
But you can compete and win.
- Content. B2B customers have an insatiable desire for high quality content. By providing intelligence and information, brands and manufacturers can create a significant point of differentiation.
- Develop an omnichannel ordering experience. This means that on-lines sales, direct sales and customer service all speak the same language.
- Think from your customer’s perspective. Be consultative.
- Keep your large customer relationships tight. Larger companies value expertise, customer service and inventory management services.
- Think about investing in a B2B web store. It’s a fast growing sales channel, it’s live 24/7 and it can be a significant driver of revenue and profits. Even content and webinars can be a sales item.
Focus on your value proposition and work to strengthen it. Don’t’ be afraid to be obsessive about your customer, be willing to learn, and invent your own future.
Brands are looking to AI to give them a competitive edge
- Use Watson’s neural networks to analyze data and score users on how likely they are to take action.
- Use AI for real-time optimization of images and messaging
- Watson Ads will create content, a service already used by several high-profile brands. Toyota used Watson ads to write copy based on tech and science fan’s interests.
- AI powered media buying is used by several companies to increase ROI and lower advertising costs….by a lot!
Incorporated in 1989, Perry & Banks Strategic Marketing Consulting helps B2B and B2C clients achieve their goals with strategic marketing and communications services focused on increasing sales, accelerating speed-to-market, and generating growth.